Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blessingway


What is a Blessingway?
Blessingway ceremonies create a sacred and safe environment where a mother-to-be can ex
plore the challenges and joys that lie before her as she approaches birthing and mothering. Surrounded by the most important women in her life, she gains a sense of power, confidence, and support that will help her rise to motherhood and her journey through labor.

Birth is a key life passa
ge for women.The blessingway ceremony helps a woman to prepare mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for the work of birthing, and it opens her to her instinctive abilities, which will guide her as she steps into the role of mother.

My Beautiful friend Rachel, along with my help drumming, sang 4 beautiful Native American Prayer songs at the beginning. She will be singing these songs at my birth as a welcome to my little one. Brandon and I also listen to and sing these songs and the baby will be very familiar with them when it comes.

This was a beautiful experience for me. More than half of the women that came had never been to a Blessingway before. I have only been to one before and loved how much love and support this other woman was shown and knew this would be something I would want before my birth. Every Blessingway is different, I chose to take the belly cast from my pregnancy with Ryker and have the women paint a prayer on it for this baby. Beautiful paintings and beautiful prayers. The women also brought a spiritual gift like a poem, charm, stone or oils for me to have on an altar while I'm in labor. Each of these gifts had a special meaning which they all shared with me.

I had been wondering what else to do at the blessingway for a long time so I prayed about it and one morning I woke up and saw this flower pot in my head. So I made it. Everyone that was there chose one and put words on the back asking for a blessing for the baby and for me for the birth and the babies life. There are some beautiful words, this baby is so blessed to already have so many people love it.

We ended by sitting in a circle holding hands and people gave me kind words or prayed for me and my friends Katrina, who put it all together for me, tied us all together with string, connecting all of our prayers and is going to burn the string after I have the baby.

I'm very grateful for the love and support of so many people in my life. I know that the women that attended are only a small percentage of the support I have with all of my loved ones. Thank you everyone for all of your support, love, and especially prayers throughout this pregnancy.

No comments:

AMAZING VIDEO!!

MY ART

div style="width:426px">
I'm sorry       Please forgive me       I love you       Thank you